Friday, September 9, 2011

all things work together for the good of those who love Him

This is an experience that happened some time ago, but I always feel that it is good to share, because there may be someone out there going through something similar in their own life.

In February of 2009 me and my husband found out that we were expecting. Isaac had just turned 3 in December and we were excited to find out that he would have a little playmate and that Seth would be a big brother for the second time. We couldn't be happier. We went to the doctor to get an ultrasound, because we didn't know how far along we were. We got our ultrasound of our little peanut, I was about 5 weeks along so we went home and told everyone of our exciting news. Exactly a week later, I began having some issues, so I went to the doctor. Supposing that we were about 6 weeks they did another ultrasound to check for a heartbeat. They saw the baby, but determined that their was only a faint heartbeat, which could mean that the baby was still developing and the heart had not fully developed yet or that the baby was not going to make it. Well, we went home praying for the life of our child growing inside me. We were scheduled to come back a week later. At 7 weeks we went back in for another ultrasound and there was no baby. We meet with the doctor and she explained to us what had happened. Absolutely devastated we went home. I remember laying on our bed with my face buried in my pillow crying my eyes out.  JT was absolutely amazing though. He, crying, reminded me that even though we don't understand and want to ask ourself WHY GOD?, that we must remember Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose". It honestly was the strength of my husband and the faith in this verse and in the Lord that got me through that day. So many marriages crumble and fall in hard times like this, but I honestly think that God squeezed us a little tighter together that day. I had told the doctors that I did not want to have a D&C and wanted it to just happen naturally. A few weeks went by and nothing happened. I went back in to the doctor and had some blood work done to check my levels, because my HCG levels should have been dropping significantly. That weekend I was going on a ladies retreat with my church, I had helped our pastor's wife plan this event. So while we were there decorating I received a phone call from the doctor and she said that she couldn't explain it, but my levels were really high and that it looked like that they were just wrong in predicting how far along I was. She told me that it looked like everything was going to be okay. Well I was ecstatic. I called everyone. I had a wonderful weekend and praising God the whole time for this amazing miracle. She had me go in Monday for another ultrasound just to see how the baby was doing. When I got in there the ultrasound tech looked and looked and it showed that at this point the placenta was breaking down. The baby was gone and the sac was basically releasing fluid.  My worst fear at this point had come true, we were officially having a miscarriage. Another long car ride home, with many more tears. My husband suggested that I go get Isaac from Parent's Day Out and take him to the zoo and just be with him. As I sit here now I am brought to tears how the memory of that day is so real and precious. How, Isaac looked just a little sweeter and little more precious in my eyes from that day forward. We had an amazing day together at the zoo. Laughing and just focusing on the most beautiful little boy I had ever laid my eyes on.


Well, I will pass over all the gory details leading up to me ultimately having to get a D&C on April 1, 2009, but it was the most traumatic experience as of yet. Another year went by and we then found out in August of 2010 that we were expecting again. As we took Isaac to his first day of Parents Day Out for that year, JT giggled and cried and said that he had been praying and asked God that he would give us twins. He said wouldn't that be like the character of God to give back what had been lost. Joel 2:25 "The LORD says, "I will give you back what you had lost to the swarming locusts......It was I who sent the great destroying army against you". We went in for our first ultrasound and saw the most wonderous ultrasound picture I have ever seen.
TWINS!!!!! The LORD is truly amazing. We embraced each other in the ultrasound room and held on to each other and cried and laughed and cried and laughed. My pregnancy was not the easiest and that can be told at another time, but a very sweet part of this story happened 2 years and 2 days after the "official loss" of our baby, on April 3, 2011











 MORIAH & HANNAH HUMSTON

 Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose"  

THEY WERE GODS PLAN!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Laughing through my tears. Quite an amazing tale. Overjoyed to have you by my side in the great adventure of Life. Soli Deo gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now have a Humston Happenings bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i laughed and cried when I read this! i love you and your family and your beautiful twinnies and know that they came directly from God!

    ReplyDelete